“The TB 285 excavator has demonstrated it’s the perfect in-between size machine. It’s ideally suited for many of the applications we regularly experience. Features such as the adjustable service flow settings are extremely useful, as is the load sensing system and joystick with its changeable configurations.
“Even though you expect an 8.5 tonne machine to be productive, we have been pleasantly surprised with the work output from this machine.
“In terms of serviceability, the wide opening engine cover and gas-lift assisted side cover makes access a breeze so we can get to any component. Daily checks are really easy, thanks to conveniently located sight gauges. Ground level fuel filling saves valuable time on the job, and the factory-installed, filtered electric refuelling pump has auto cut-off to prevent fuel spills – excellent and very convenient.
“The operator loves the generous full-sized cabin. There’s nothing ‘mini’ about it. He also especially likes the ‘float’ capability of the dozer blade – it’s great for finishing.
“Safety is the most important consideration. The TB285 ticks all the boxes -front and rear lights, a ROPS/FOPS II cabin, standard boom and stick holding valves with an integral craning system that has audible and visual alarms. Overall, a very safe machine.
- Has self adjusting ( automatic) track tensioning as standard…so that periodical manual track tension adjustments are eliminated And the tracks are ALWAYS at the right tension…which increases component life and eliminates over-tight tracks where packing with mud etc can play havoc.
- Rosenqvist (Sweden) have professionally engineered Hydrostatically driven Hirail kits available thru Semco that are engineered in collaboration with Takeuchi….no guesswork, warranted and guaranteed to work, even in dual gauge arrangement if needed.
- Modest tailswing design is an excellent compromise between a short radius design and a full tailswing type….you get the maximum stability yet have just 550 mm of counterweight overhang. Also this means that accessibility to all components is much enhanced so as to maximize serviceability and there’s no overcrowding of the engine bay that can otherwise lead to overheating in tough Aussie conditions.
- Standard Operating mass is 8.4 tonnes….but is actually a little heavier when equipped, as local machines typically are, with steel tracks and rubber shoes, extra auxiliary hydraulics and so on….more like 8.6 tonnes
- 2200 mm OA With means excellent portability and easy transport….a great utility-sized machine that packs a punch with it’s 49.6 kW Yanmar diesel.
- Standard auxiliary hydraulic output is also ideally suited to the application of tiltrotators and various tools like tampers and grabs. The Semco-spec machines have the HiFlow option fitted plus the 2nd Auxiliary circuit….all with modulated (progressive) controls for precision attachment control. The main Auxiliary output has three selectable outputs, to perfectly match attachment demand….the 2nd Aux has one.
- Ex factory you can specify different stick lengths and even a two x piece boom, which can be operated independently or in unison with the main boom ( selectable)…again a great feature for Railways applications as it permits working beneath overhead obstructions easier, enhances reach and allows work right up-close to the track frames too.
- ROPS and FOPS II Operator’s Cabin is supersized to accommodate larger operators in complete comfort. Optional front guard is recommended for sleeper grab work.
- Factory installed Craning system features Boom and Stick antidrop valves plus a safety overload system that makes handling suspended loads safer…greatly reduces stability issues at maximum radius and helps protect both operator and machine. Has an audible and visual alarm built in too.
All of these exceptional features make the new TB285 a perfect candidate for Hyrail applications….